Goal Progress

Visit Easy Fundraising Ideas
Fundraising Thermometer Provided free of charge by:
Easy Fundraising Ideas

Friday, May 5, 2017

Update







Making Progress





Today, May 5, I will get all of my notarized dossier documents apostilled. -- An apostille is a certificate issued by the Secretary of State that proves the authenticity of a Notary's signature and seal. An apostille alone is sufficient proof of authentication for notarized documents exchanged between countries which abide by the Hague Convention. -- What is the Hague Convention? The Hague Convention is an international agreement to establish safeguards to ensure that inter-country adoptions take place in the best interests of the child. The Convention entered into force for the United States in April 2008.


After the apostille is completed, I will get to mail by dossier to the adoption agency to be sent to Armenia so that translation can begin.


I am still waiting on USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) approval. I mailed my I800A form application on Thursday, April 20 and it was received on Friday, April 21. It was approved and I received a Form I-797, Notice of Action on Friday, April 28. The notice states that within 10-days I will receive a biometrics appointment. -- What is a biometrics appointment? A biometrics appointment means that a person's unique physical and other traits are detected and recorded as a means of confirming identity. In simple terms, USCIS will probably take my photograph, fingerprints and have me sign my name. This process confirms my identity so that USCIS provides benefits to the correct person and facilitates the necessary criminal background check.


So progress is being made, but there is still a long road of waiting ahead.


Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment